BMCC Weather Page  

Go to Home Page


Apply for FAFSA

To apply for federal and state financial aid, you'll need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The school code for Bay Mills Community College is 030666.

You should start by applying for a FSA ID (a username and password) through the U.S. Department of Education. Then you’ll need to gather the documents needed to complete your FAFSA. Typically, these documents include your social security number, alien registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen), your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2’s, and other records of money earned, bank statements and records of investments (if applicable), and records of untaxed income (if applicable). If you are a dependent student, you will also need most of the above information for your parents.

Once you’ve gathered the documents, you can complete the FAFSA. There are helpful hints available on the FAFSA website which explains each of the fields you’ll need to complete. You may also contact our Financial Aid Office with any questions you may have. 

When to Apply - Financial Aid Deadline

Don’t delay when applying for aid. Completing the free application for Federal Student Aid early will help you avoid missing deadlines, thereby maximizing the amount of aid for which you are eligible. The FAFSA can be filed as soon as October 1 of the student’s senior year of high school and each subsequent year in college. Bay Mills Community College highly recommends completing your application as soon as possible so students meet the State of Michigan’s March 1 state aid deadline. Completing your FAFSA early will ensure you have a complete financial aid file by the June 30 deadline. This deadline is for new and returning students. If you have other sources of financial aid, such as a direct pay by your tribe or employer, please submit a copy of the documentation to the Financial Aid Office by August 1 of each year.

If you do not have a complete financial aid file prior to the start of the semester, you may still apply for financial aid during the semester you are enrolled; however, you will be required to pay for your books at the time of purchase. You will also be required to pay in full or set up a payment plan with the Student Billing Coordinator for the cost of tuition and fees within five business days upon the start of the semester. If you are eligible for financial aid, refund checks will be issued during the semester for any excess financial aid.