Bay Mills Community College will accept transfer credits from other accredited institutions within the following guidelines:
- An evaluation will only be conducted from an official transcript. An official transcript bears the appropriate signatures and seals and can be mailed directly from the issuing institution to BMCC, or sent as an etranscript through Parchment.com.
- Courses completed with a “C” grade (2.0) or higher will be accepted with the exception of certain English and computer courses. These are addressed in the following two sections.
- English composition courses that are more than three years old will be accepted only upon the student’s successful completion of a departmental exam. Students who have attained a bachelor’s degree are exempt from the departmental exam.
- Computer science courses that are more than five years old will be accepted only with the student’s successful completion of a departmental exam.
- Mathematics courses taken by students transferring in or returning to BMCC will be accepted and correlated to a BMCC course according to content by the Office of the Registrar. Students with mathematics credit who wish to pursue further mathematics courses at BMCC may do so if their pre-requisite courses are not more than three years old. If the student’s mathematics pre-requisite courses are more than three years old, the student must take the departmental exam or the BMCC mathematics placement exam to determine eligibility for prospective mathematics course enrollment. Students with mathematics credit three years or older are recommended to meet with the Department Chair for mathematics for advisement.
- Courses which are not equivalent to BMCC courses but are in a discipline may be accepted as elective credits.
- Credits, not grades, are transferred for “C” or better courses. Grades from transfer courses are not included when calculating the BMCC cumulative grade point average.
- Transfer credits will be shown on the student’s academic record and will be counted when determining satisfactory academic progress for federal financial aid.
- Transfer of credit toward any certificate or degree program will be limited to 40 percent of the total number of credit hours for that program.
Download Transcript Request form